Our Tribute to Harvey & Pat Lambright

“Stay honest, truthful and fair.”

-Company Motto

Lewis & Lambright, Inc. has been a household name around LaGrange county for nearly 80 years. The company was founded in 1944 by Winford J. Lewis; Harvey C. Lambright would later join the company. The two would first become business partners and later become father-in-law and son-in-law.

Winford “Wink” Lewis was born in 1916 in Illinois to Martha and Floyd Lewis. In 1940, Wink relocated to Indiana with his family. Intrigued by auctioneering, Lewis started holding auctions from his home on SR 120.

On the back of the accompanying photo Wink’s daughter, Pat, wrote, “The greatest father, love you, Pat.”

Winford "Wink" Lewis
Harvey Lambright in his Navy uniform, circa 1951

Harvey Lambright was born in 1931 in LaGrange, Co., IN to Charles and Elizabeth Lambright. Harvey entered the US Navy in 1951 and served during the Korean War. His deep-rooted passion for auctioneering evident, Harvey held auctions once a month on his naval ship, auctioning off any extra items available. It was a way to keep the sailors entertained and showcase his talents.

Returning from the Navy in 1955, and began his career as an auctioneer and graduated from Reppert Auction School in Decatur, IN. At this time, Harvey met Wink Lewis, forming a partnership. And thus, with their shared passion for auctioneering, Lewis & Lambright was formed. Together, they would spend every Wednesday auctioneering at the Shipshewana Auction barn.

On October 14th, 1956, the business partners became family when Harvey married Patricia “Pat” M. Lewis, daughter of Wink and Evelyn Lewis in Brighton, IN. The family business would soon branch out to become auctioneers, REALTORS® and appraisers. Their motto was to “Stay honest, truthful and fair.”

Growing the family business, Harvey and Pat had three daughters together, Debra, Denise, and Dodie. The daughters recall fond memories of attending auctions with their Grandpa Lewis and their father. Wink Lewis passed in 1977, but the dedication and passion he instilled in the company lives on today.

On the back of the accompanying photo Pat wrote, “Dress winter white, white & purple orchids, silver ribbon. Her eyes blue, blond hair, hat black. Harvey suit grey, tie black, blue grey eyes.”

Harvey & Pat on their wedding day in October of 1956
Harvey & Pat Lambright

In 1972, the corporation of Lewis & Lambright, Inc. Auctioneering and Real Estate was formed and held the designations of GRI, CAI, CREA, SCAP, AARE, and M-CES.

Pat Lambright, co-owner of Lewis & Lambright, Inc. for over 60 years, passed away in November of 2015. Pat was a member and past president of both the National Auctioneers Association Auxiliary and the Indiana Auctioneers Association Auxiliary, and was the first woman to be inducted into the National Auctioneers Association Auxiliary Hall of Fame! She was a lifetime member of OES Sylvan Chapter #251, a member of Brighton Chapel Church, and a loving wife, mother, and grandmother.

In February of 2019, at the age of 87, Harvey also passed away. A member of several organizations, Harvey served as president of the Indiana Auctioneers Association in 1970, the National Auctioneers Association in 1979, and the Northeastern Indiana Board of REALTORS® in 1972. He was on the Indiana Auctioneer Commission for 16 years (serving as the Chairman for three of those years); was honored in 1970 by the Northeastern Indiana Board of REALTORS® as the REALTOR® of the Year; was inducted in 1982 into the Indiana Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame and in 1984 into the National Auctioneers Association Hall of Fame, (having held over 7,000 auctions!).

Amongst his other accomplishments, he was awarded the Sagamore of the Wabash in May 1975 and was the LaGrange County Republican Chairman for over twenty years. Harvey was a longtime member of Brighton Chapel in rural Howe, Indiana, the LaGrange American Legion Post #215, and a former member of the Knights of Pythias.

Harvey Lambright at an Auction in 2017

Today, third-generation REALTOR® Denise Scott owns and operates the family business. Raised in the heart of the company, Denise has celebrated over 35 years in real estate. In February 2019, one year after Harvey’s passing, Denise received the Sun-News Reader’s Choice Award as Best Real Estate Agent for both LaGrange and Noble Counties. Handling the businesses with dignity and grace, her parents’ (and grandparents’) legacies live on through her.

Lewis & Lambright is located across from the courthouse in downtown LaGrange. And in addition to LaGrange County, L&L services the entire northeastern region of Indiana.

Local Experts

Our real estate and auctioneering roots run deep in northeast Indiana, starting with our founding by Winford Lewis in 1944, and continuing with the Lambright family and our team of REALTORS®.

Community Connected

Dedication to our craft has earned us a reliable database of buyers and sellers through our professional networks and relationships with people in LaGrange & Noble counties.

Getting the Word Out

Once we’ve listed your property or auction, you’ll see it everywhere: hundreds of print flyers, our website, newspaper and magazine ads, Realtor.com, Zillow, Facebook, Twitter… We work hard to get the word out!

Client Testimonials

Excellent customer service! Denise and their entire staff is fantastic! Auctioneer service is top notch.

Kari L.

Would highly recommend! Virgen was very helpful and went above and beyond to answer our questions.

Gina T.

Let’s Get Started

Like to know more about our auction or real estate services? We would love to hear from you!

GET IN TOUCH